A few days ago we posted our latest video review from the Wonderful Wizard of Oz pop-up book. We are absolutely in love with the beautiful Emerald Palace pop-up spread so we decided to make one ourselves! We did this with the help of a print-ready template we found on Robert Sabuda’s website. Robert Sabuda is one the best pop-up book creators from this moment and he offers a lot more downloadable templates to make your own pop-ups. If you’ve always wanted to make your own pop-ups you should definitely take a look at his How to make a pop-up page. If you want more information about how to make pop-ups you can also visit our How to page.
We’ve captured our project to show you how to make your own Emerald City pop-up! Just follow the steps and be as creative as you want!
How to make a pop-up – Emerald City of Oz
- Download and print the Emerald City of Oz template
- Color in the pieces before you cut them out, this makes it easier because your paper is still flat
- Color the pieces any way you like, you can also add some details
- Use a ruler and a dotting tool and press along the dashed lines to score the folds
- Cut out your pieces along the solid black lines, use a craft knife and/or scissors
- Now fold all the pieces along the dashed lines
- The scoring you did earlier ensures nice and clean folds
- Attach the first piece to the base by applying a small amount of glue or double sided tape on the indicated areas
- Attach the second piece to the base and to the first piece on the indicated areas
- Now attach the last piece to the base
- You’re done!
- Have fun with your own Emerald Palace pop-up!