My thematic showcase

Share your collection or discuss collecting pop-ups and movables
Daniel
My thematic showcase

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 am

Regularly, in my paper art workshop, I propose in a showcase a selection of pop-up books on the same theme.
I will now be able to share it with you. The current theme of this showcase is: "some books from which planes take off".
Good flight! ..

PaperPaul

Re: My thematic showcase

Post by PaperPaul » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Beautiful display and nice theme!

I’ve seen Les Avions in real once and I was impressed! Reminded me of the foam toy planes I had when I was a kid. David Hawcock’s Davinci book is also on my list of books I would like to add to our collection.
Playing with paper 8< and collecting pop-ups [][] - Follow me on Instagram and Facebook

Daniel

Re: My thematic showcase

Post by Daniel » Sat May 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Here is my new thematic showcase on the theme of the sea.
There is indeed iodine and waves in many animated books. Here are some examples of the sea as a natural element, rich in flora and fauna, which can also inspire storytellers and artists and even architects when it comes to erecting lighthouses to prevent its dangers.
I have deliberately discarded all means of maritime transport, but also pirates and sirens, each of his subjects may be later, alone, the subject of specific presentations, as there is plenty in this area.

Daniel

My thematic showcase : THE ROOSTER

Post by Daniel » Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 am

Here is a new thematic showcase that I made last year to celebrate the year of the rooster!
I often found him near a chicken coop or in a dominant position, on a pile of straw in the middle of the barnyard.
Between two pages, I also discovered in origami, all fragile in the arms of a little girl.
I also saw it in Russia, glowing with its most beautiful colors.
Manly, I even surprised him taking the feathers of a peacock to better seduce the chickens! ..
Decidedly our bird has a strong personality that I let you discover in the small space of my showcase.