Clover box heart pop-up

Share your progress, ask questions or discuss techniques about pop-ups and movables
PaperPaul
Clover box heart pop-up

Post by PaperPaul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:53 am

I’ve been working on this project for some time and I’m going to make a how-to video soon. It’s an easy build and the effect is very nice.

Version 1

Version 2 (final version)

And some photos:

Playing with paper 8< and collecting pop-ups [][] - Follow me on Instagram and Facebook

hansbrinker

Re: Clover box heart pop-up

Post by hansbrinker » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Oh! Is very pretty. And it seems that it is easy to build. I look forward to that tutorial ;)

PaperPaul

Re: Clover box heart pop-up

Post by PaperPaul » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Thank you! I’m going to work on that tutorial. But you’re right. It’s not that difficult and also a fun build. You can see the base on the picture that I use for two small V folds I’ve attached later in opposite directions. Those v-folds are the mechanism where I’ve attached the clover leaves on.

The length of the base in this box is exactly 3/3 (measured from the inside) including the bottom. Depending on what size and depth the box is you’re going to use, you could tweak some of the sizes to make it fit. Pretty straight forward and easy to test.
Playing with paper 8< and collecting pop-ups [][] - Follow me on Instagram and Facebook