HELP! Pop-Up Repair

Share your progress, ask questions or discuss techniques about pop-ups and movables
sspecht.art
HELP! Pop-Up Repair

Post by sspecht.art » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Hey everyone! I need some help figuring out how to repair this dinosaur pop-up. It is from Robert Sabuda & Matthew Reinhart's "Encyclopedia Prehistorica Dinosaurs." I have taken pics to show the engineering that remains and where the neck broke off. If i remember correctly, there was a flat circle piece that threaded through the two holes around the shoulders of the dino then attached to the base of the neck (where the black tore piece is). If anyone knows how to fix it, can give a photo or video tutorial, or even has the book and can share pics of the engineering still in place - I might be able to figure it out on my own :-) Thanks in advance!

PaperPaul

Re: HELP! Pop-Up Repair

Post by PaperPaul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:09 am

Ohhh that one is so cool when It works! It looks like the hinge (the black piece on the neck) is cut off? It should be longer and have flaps on both sides. I’ve took a couple of pictures for you to see how it’s attached. I can send more specific photos if you need more details. It’s should be an easy fix with a self made part. Just try some different hinges to find the right size. The pictures may help you the get the proportions right.

Let me know if it worked for you!

Playing with paper 8< and collecting pop-ups [][] - Follow me on Instagram and Facebook

sspecht.art

Post by sspecht.art » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:06 pm

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! With your photos, it only took me about 7 minutes to whip up a new tab and get it all together! It was pretty simple although I need to make a thicker/more permanent tab, but now I know how. Thanks!!! :D

PaperPaul

Post by PaperPaul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 pm

That’s awesome! Great job!
Playing with paper 8< and collecting pop-ups [][] - Follow me on Instagram and Facebook