Some animated books where birds fly

Share your collection or discuss collecting pop-ups and movables
Daniel
Some animated books where birds fly

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:10 pm

Rarely had I taken the time to observe with so much attention the birds of my garden and the other day this couple of blue tits coming to inspect a nest box, only twenty minutes after I moved it , gave me real happiness.
Undoubtedly badly placed in a tree for a year, the latter in fact had never received a single visitor ...
So my reaction was instant. I was also going to free the many birds locked in my collection of animated books to offer them my showcase.
As you will see, a number of these albums have a scientific tendency, notably from the famous collection that the National Geographic Society devoted to wildlife in the 1990s.
Other works show us the birds as actors of tales or childish stories, thus the oldest of them, published in 1955, "Youp-Là la petite sauterelle" which jumping from page to page meets a nest of bullfinches.
But of course, the queen publication of this selection remains “Birdscapes - A pop-up celebration of bird songs in stereo sound”.

PaperPaul

Re: Some animated books where birds fly

Post by PaperPaul » Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Beautiful collection, like always! :)

Maybe you'll like this too. I recently made a bird landing on a branch pop-up. It's animated in a way that the bird lands and rotates his head forwards:

youtu.be/kujH-82PI6g
Playing with paper 8< and collecting pop-ups [][] - Follow me on Instagram and Facebook

Daniel

Re: Some animated books where birds fly

Post by Daniel » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Superb this bird Jean-Paul. What talent !...